Any open volunteer positions will be posted on this page. Please note that we also accept applications for the Board of Directors on a year-round basis. New Board Members must be interviewed and nominees will be voted in at the April Annual General Meeting. Applications for volunteer and Board positions can be sent to email@example.com.
We are looking for a volunteer graphic designer to join our creative team. This is an ongoing position and you will work remotely. You will be responsible for our newsletters (3x per year), and event posters. The largest undertaking is the Think Global, Link Local program (March) and accompanying media.
- Must be proficient in (and have access to) Adobe Creative Suite
- Flexible schedule
- Good time management skills
- Preference will be given to someone living in the Greater Vancouver area
If you are interested in being our Graphic Designer, please send your resume and portfolio examples to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until it is filled.
We are looking for a couple of individuals to help build up the content of our website. Applicants must be able to commit to the position for at least 1 year. We require a minimum of six posts from each writer during their term. Website writers will report to the Communications Coordinator. Writers may stay on for an additional 1-year term if extended by the Board of Directors.
If you are interested in applying please email email@example.com with “Website Writer Application” in the subject line and include the following items:
- A sample post relevant to the United Nations and its mandate. Posts can be an historical account, a current event synopsis, or an overview of a UN program of no more than 500 words. Alternatively, if you currently write for a blog that covers similar issues you may send a link to a previously written post.
- Six potential writing topics or pieces that you would cover during your term. Include this information as part of your cover letter. Be specific but concise.
- A resume.
Applications will re-open in the spring of 2017.