Registration open until Feb 15!
Register today at www.canimun.org to secure your opportunity to engage with Canadian experts, foreign dignitaries and your fellow peers on the Post-2015 Development Agenda and pressing international issues in the nation’s capital!
The United Nations Association in Canada is pleased to present our annual Canadian International Model United Nations (CANIMUN) taking place March 6-9, 2014 at the Ottawa Marriott Hotel in Ottawa, Ontario.
CANIMUN is one of Canada’s foremost empathy-based learning programs, offering university, college and CEGEP students the opportunity to simulate the activities of the United Nations and develop skills in research, writing, negotiation, debate, solution-seeking and diplomacy. If you’re interested in learning more about international affairs and the work of the UN, all while having fun, this is the conference for you!
What makes CANIMUN 2014 a must-attend conference?
· The Opening Ceremonies will feature a panel of high-level experts on the Post-2015 Development Agenda, including Corinne Woods, Director of the UN Millennium Campaign and Canadian decision-makers from the public and private sector.
· Subject matter experts from all sectors will brief delegates on the topics at hand, as well as the skilled use of diplomacy in international relations. In 2013 our experts included: Rafal Rohozinski, CEO of The SecDev Group; Guillermo Rishchynski, Canada’s Ambassador and Permanent Representative to the UN; and Helen Clark, Under Secretary-General and Administrator of the UN Development Programme.
· Five committees and the International Press Forum reflecting the international community’s focus in 2014: the Post-2015 Development Agenda and Sustainable Development Goals.
· As an initiative of UNA-Canada, CANIMUN offers international expertise and opportunity above and beyond other Model UNs.
· As the organization leading the Canadian consultations on the Post-2015 Development Agenda, UNA-Canada will be delighted to share the outcomes of CANIMUN, as well as the perspectives and insights of its participants, with the United Nations and our international partners.
Visit our website at www.canimun.org for more information and to register.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mieka Buckley-Pearson CANIMUN 2014 Secretary-General